Loulou Alfouad is a Raqs Sharqi Artist from France. She talks about her life with Raqs Sharqi.
1. Why did you start Raqs Sharqi?
I had many kinds of dances before I met Raqs Sharqi, but I got in love with this discipline when I tried Raqs Sharqi at first time.
2. What is the most important thing to do when we dance in public?
The most important thing is that you have the contact with your audiences, bring your audiences happiness of dancing, and translate music with your body movements.
3. Could you tell about your Raqs Sharqi style?
In my point of view, everyone has different dance style to translate music.
4. Could you tell about the relationship between Raqs Sharqi and your background?
I love dancing, and I have a dancer’s sprit. I studied the world folklore. Therefore, it was very important to catch the Egyptian folklore style because there are basic techniques to work out.
5. Could you give some advices or comments for Raqs Sharqi dancers?
You do not imitate other dancers, and you should find own style to express your personality. Moreover, you should respect Raqs Sharqi’s discipline. If you work hard, you are going to be a good dancer.
6. Who is your ideal dancer? Why do you like the dancer?
I like many dancers, because every dancer has own charm.
If I have to choose one dancer, my favorite dancer is Naima Akef. This is Naima Akef’s performance video.
7.You are good at creating choreography to dancer on a huge stage. What is the most important thing to create choreography?
Loving the music and living with music!